Friday, July 27, 2012
Let the Olympic games begin! For the next 16 days, over 10,500 athletes from 204 countries will compete in the most intense display of athletic supremacy. While the men and women from each nation will be honored to even step foot in London, all will vie for the gold. In fact, this the first time in history when every country has sent both men and women athletes, proving that the sporting events are truly open for anyone willing to devote their blood, sweat, and tears to perfection. Journey here for the answers to the trivia answers below.
Trivia: Speaking of the games and competitions, let us sharpen our sporting knowedge. Answers will be posted by Wednesday, August 1. Click here for the answers.
1. Historic Athlete Records Matching: Match the athlete (numeral) with their claim to fame (letter).
- I. Oskar Swahn (Sweden)
- II. Aileen Riggin (U.S.A)
- III. Hiroshi Hoketsu (Japan)
- IV. Dimitri Loundras (Greece)
- V. Ricardo Blas, Jr. (Guam)
- a. Youngest competitor
- b. Oldest competitor
- c. Oldest surviving competitor
- d. Lightest competitor (65 lbs)
- e. Heaviest competitor (420 lbs)
2. Current Athlete and their Events: Match the athlete (numeral) with the sport they compete in (letter).
- 1. Ryan Lochte (U.S.A)
- 2. Brady Ellison (U.S.A)
- 3. Gabby Douglas (U.S.A)
- 4. Nikkita Holder (Canada)
- 5. Wang Mingjuan (China)
- 6. Homare Sawa (Japan)
- 7. Carolina Mendoza (Mexico)
- 8. Jana Pittman-Rawlinson (Australia)
- 9. Alistair Brownlee (U.K)
3. Rearrange the list of Olympians in order of most Gold medals won and give the number of medals won per athlete.
- a. Paavo Nurmi (Finland)
- b. Mark Spitz (U.S.A)
- c. Larisa Latynina (U.S.S.R)
- d. Carl Lewis (U.S.A)
- e. Michael Phelps (U.S.A)
While Jeopardy contestant searches have already closed for the year, there is a whole year left to practice for the 2013 Jeopardy Games from March through April. So trivia buffs, let the practicing begin, and what better way than to start with sports? Once you get on Jeopardy, you can tell Alex Trebek that genzbuzz.com helped you get here. For more info on Jeopardy registration, click here. Answers will be posted by Wednesday, August 1. Click here for the answers.genZbuzz out.