Wow! What an Olympic spectacle! Congratulations to Lochte, Phelps, Missy Franklin, Jordyn Wieber, Gabby Douglas, and all of the medal-winning athletes! Now, as promised, here are the answers to the Athlete Olympic trivia questions.
1. Historic Athlete Records Matching: Match the athlete (numeral) with their claim to fame (letter).
- I. Oskar Swahn (Sweden) -> b. Oldest competitor
- II. Aileen Riggin (U.S.A) -> d. Lightest competitor (65 lbs)
- III. Hiroshi Hoketsu (Japan) -> c. Oldest surviving competitor
- IV. Dimitri Loundras (Greece) -> a. Youngest competitor
- V. Ricardo Blas, Jr. (Guam) -> e. Heaviest competitor (420 lbs)
2. Current Athletes and their Events: Match the athlete (numeral) with the sport they compete in (letter).
- a. Ryan Lochte (U.S.A) -> Swimming (Men’s)
- b. Brady Ellison (U.S.A) -> Archery (Men’s)
- c. Gabby Douglas (U.S.A) -> Gymnastics (Women’s)
- d. Nikkita Holder (Canada) -> Hurdling (Women’s)
- e. Wang Mingjuan (China) -> Weight Lifting (Women’s)
- f. Homare Sawa (Japan) -> Soccer (Women’s)
- g. Carolina Mendoza (Mexico) -> Diving (Women’s)
- h. Jana Pittman-Rawlinson (Australia)-> Running (Women’s)
- i. Alistair Brownlee (U.K)-> Triathlon (Men’s)
3. Gold Medal Records: Rearrange the list of Olympians in order of most Gold medals won and give the number of medals won per athlete.
- 1. Michael Phelps (U.S.A) (15 gold) (as of 8/1/2012)
- 2. Larisa Latynina (U.S.S.R) (9 gold)
- 3. Paavo Nurmi (Finland) (9 gold)
- 4. Mark Spitz (U.S.A) (9 gold)
- 5. Carl Lewis (U.S.A) (9 gold)
Let the games and successes continue! genZbuzz out.